World Sustainable Energy Days 2021
June 21 @ 9:00 am - June 25 @ 5:00 pm
What are the World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED)?
Europe has the ambitious goal of becoming the first climate neutral continent by 2050. The Green Deal and the EU Climate Law are first concrete steps. The current economic challenges are also an opportunity to accelerate decarbonisation and to create a fairer society and a more competitive economy.
In 2021, the conference – which attracts over 600 participants from over 60 countries each year – shows how we can make a green recovery happen in practice and how the energy transition can contribute as an investment engine to this deep transformation.
The audience: the entire energy transition world!
- business actors engaged in the energy transition: technology and equipment companies, energy companies, service providers, planners, developers, financing community etc.
- the energy research community
- public body representatives (e.g. EU institutions, national, regional and local governments, energy agencies)
- over 600 experts from more than 60 countries each year!
What do they offer?
In just 3 days, you can profit from a comprehensive package:
– 6 dedicated conferences, including the European Energy Efficiency Policy Conference, European Pellet Conference, Industrial Energy Efficiency Conference and the Smart E-Mobility Conference;
– up-to-date information on markets, policies, technologies, financing, business models, research and case studies;
– hands-on experience through technical site visits to innovative energy projects;
– a major tradeshow on building efficiency and renewable energy with 1,600 exhibiting companies (held again in 2022);
– new business opportunities and valuable networking possibilities;
– Austrian hospitality!
When does it take place?
21 – 25 June 2021
Where does it happen?
Wels/Austria and online. Upper Austria, one of Austria’s nine regions, is a leader in the clean energy transition, making the region an ideal location for this conference. Through significant increases in energy efficiency and renewable energy, greenhouse gas emissions from buildings were reduced by 32 % in 10 years. 60 % of all space heating and 31 % of the primary energy in Upper Austria already come from renewables. Over 2 billion Euro are invested annually in the energy transition.
How to join?
Mark your calendar, register today and join us in Wels or online at the World Sustainable Energy Days 2021!