- This event has passed.
Embracing Circularity: A Pathway for Strengthening the Critical Raw Materials Act
July 17 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
The Critical Raw Materials Act (CRMA) has circular elements, but more can be done to fully embrace circularity and advance Europe’s geopolitical independence and sustainability.
A report on the CRMA, launching at the European Parliament on July 17, 2023, highlights challenges, opportunities, and best practices in adopting a circular economy for critical raw materials. It focuses on aluminium, lithium, and Rare Earth Elements (REE).
Authored by CLG Europe’s Taskforce and the Wuppertal Institute, the report provides recommendations for policymakers to promote circular solutions. The event will bring together key stakeholders and future notable speakers.
- Martin Porter, Executive Chair, CISL Brussels
- Sarah Matthieu MEP, Greens, European Parliament
- Sirpa Pietikäinen MEP, EPP, European Parliament
- George Morsdorf, European Commission
- Michael Ritthoff, Senior Researcher, Wuppertal Institute
- Céline Domecq, Director Public Affairs EU, Volvo cars
- Helge Haakon Refsum, Director, Business Development at Hydro Batteries and Board Member of Vianode